As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See Full Disclosure Here
Making this nail and cuticle oil is easier than you would imagine. All you have to do is just blend all the ingredients together. Nothing else!
These are the ingredients to you need to make your own, all-natural, super-nourishing oil to strengten your nails and cuticles.
Ingredients for DIY Nail & Cuticle Oil
- 1 1/2 ounces Coconut Oil
- 1/2 ounce Jojoba Oil
- 5 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 5 drops Rose Essential Oil
- 2 drops of Vitamin E Oil
Instructions to Make
Put all the ingredients in a 2 oz glass jar.
Stir gently to mix all ingredients well.
This all-natural nail and cuticle oil makes a great gift to place in an Aromatherapy Gift Basket. The quantities mentioned in this recipe will fit into a 2 oz jar.
Don’t worry too much about using the exact quantities mentioned above. This is one of those recipes that works well even with a little more of one ingredient and a little less of the other.
The Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E Oil are an important combination in this recipe. Jojoba oil helps the vitamin E oil penetrate the skin, so it can really moisturize and nourish your cuticles.
Once you’ve decided how many of these little goodies you want to give away as gifts, just multiply the quantities accordingly.
Few things to note when making this recipe:
- Though it is called ‘Nail and Cuticle Oil’, it looks more creamy than oily. This is because I have used the solid coconut oil, which I find works better for this recipe. It is easier to apply and massage into the nails and cuticles.
- Because essential oils are used in the recipe, it is advisable to store the finished nail and cuticle oil in a dark colored glass jar. This is because essential oils lose their properties when exposed to light.
- Below are some glass jars I found that are perfect for storing your DIY Nail and Cuticle Cream. You can buy one or multiple depending on whether you are making it for your own use or also to give away. Most of these come with labels and a spatula, which can be very handy.
- Using the spatula helps avoid any contamination.
How to Use Your Homemade Nail and Cuticle Cream
This cream works best when applied over damp skin.
Apply it after a shower or soak your fingers in warm water for a few minutes before applying.
To apply, massage a small amount of oil into each nail and the surrounding cuticles.
Massage gently for a few minutes.
Wipe off excess nail and cuticle oil with a soft, clean, dry cloth.
Do this regularly for healthy nails and cuticles.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to serve as medical advice. Please consult your doctor before using any natural medication or if you experience any unusual symptoms. See Full Disclaimer here.