You’ve read about the many benefits of raw honey and more importantly the difference between raw honey vs regular honey. When you see a recipe that calls for honey, it’s always a good idea to use raw honey instead of the regular variety. Raw honey is packed with nutrients and original goodness that offer a lot of benefits while the regular variety just adds sweetness without any benefits.
In my search for a good brand of raw honey, I came across Nature Nate’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey. This is one raw honey brand that’s been getting rave reviews from users so I decided to look into it in more detail to see whether it’s really as good as they say.
Here’s what I found.
- Nature Nate’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey is 100% pure. No additives or preservatives are added to it at any stage.
- The strained extract retains all the original, natural, good stuff including Vitamin C, antioxidants, protein, iron and fiber.
- Nature Nate’s Honey is certified Gluten Free and OU Kosher certified.
- Available in a 12, 16, 32 and 40 ounce bottles.
- It is also available in small individual 10ml packets so you can carry your favorite raw honey with you everywhere you go.
What Sets Nature Nate’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey Apart From the Rest
At Nature Nate’s every step of the process is carefully thought about, from sourcing the honey to bottling the blend.
What’s interesting is Nature Nate’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey is a proprietary blend of various varieties of honey that are sourced from handpicked beekeepers around the U.S. and Canada.
Different regions produce a different type of honey depending on which flowers grow in that region. Because Nature Nate’s collects honey from different regions, they get a mix of wildflower, tallow, clover, canola and other types of honey. All of these varieties are blended together in calculated proportions. This is what gives the end product a distinctive, complex flavor that’s deep, sweet and unique. You can tell the difference immediately.
The selected beekeepers from various parts of the U.S. and Canada extract the honey from the beehives and send it directly to Nature Nate’s processing plant. When the honey arrives, it still contains chunks of pollen and wax as well as a few bee parts.
At Nature Nate’s plant, these extracts are gently strained to remove these larger chunks. It’s important to make the distinction here that the honey is strained, not filtered. Regular honey is filtered to give it that smooth golden appearance but unfortunately, the process also strips away all the good healthy nutrients in the honey.
How to Use Nature Nate’s Raw Honey
Raw honey is versatile. There’s no end to the many ways you can use it. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Sweeten your tea or coffee with a teaspoon of raw honey instead of sugar
- Slather, spread or sprinkle over pancakes, muffins and toast
- Add to savory or sweet recipes, smoothies, acai bowls and herbal teas
- Drizzle over salads, roasted nuts, chunks of cheese and grilled fruits
- Brush a light layer over raw foods for a delicious caramelized taste
- Nature Nate’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey also pairs wonderfully with different types fish and steak marinades.
Why Everybody Loves This Honey
There are three things we love about this honey: it is completely raw with no preservatives, it is a decent size, and it comes entirely from North American bees. You can buy it online from a family that produces completely natural and organic honey, so it is a farm-to-table sort of honey you are getting.
Honey is excellent to have around year-round, but especially during the fall season. It is during this time of year when you want something that is filling, often sweet, but without added sugar. You can use raw honey to sweeten up your pumpkin spice muffins or some healthy whole-grain toast in the morning instead of turning to sugar-filled jam.
In terms of honey, you really want to go with something raw and unfiltered, without all the added preservatives, which is exactly what you get with the raw and unfiltered honey from Nature Nate’s.
Prefer to carry your honey on the go? Check out Nature Nate’s 100% Pure Raw & Unfiltered Honey, pack of 20 Small Honey Packets – Single Serve.